Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Morning Coming Down

This is the time the I take it all in. I don't look at the phone or email until noon. I'll read the paper have my usual oatmeal and toast and then veg for a couple of hours.
It's weird how I have kind of morphed into my father. He would have has rigid rituals. Certain things had to be a certain way at a certain time. I'm even starting toi look like him.

I applaud the passengers on the flight that was cancelled on the tarmack. They didn't leave the plane to protest. The only bad thing about it is that it happened in China. It needs to start happening here.

Where have America's thinkers gone? I am talking about the kind of people who would take the initiative to get us out of our addiction to oil. This started happening 35 years ago, and we're still stuck. What happened to us? Where are the Edison's, the Einstein's, the people who took the lead and invented or developed something in all this time? I don't understand how someone couldn't have come up with an alternative to gas in thirty five years.

All we better off now than eight years ago? The next president has a lot of work to do. I don't remember a time since the seventies where this country has been as fucked up as it is now. Housing mess, stock mess, gas prices mess, Iraq mess, crisis of confidence mess... and the band played on. I get the vision of Nero who fiddled while Rome burned. I think this may be the most out of touch administration in the last one hundred fifty years. The silence from Washington is deafening.

The proposed sale of AB to InBev, if it happens, will turn St. Louis into Dayton. Now, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Dayton but St. Louis has always been a Cleveland sort of town. If AB goes (and if the sale goes through, it will), the entire heart and core along with the civic pride in this city will deteriorate. Contrary to what's coming out of Belgium, the first thing InBev will do is cut, cut, and cut some more. It won't be good for this region. St. Louis in recent years has lost a number of Fortune 500 headquarters (May Company, ATT, etc) but this will be like roling them all into one. I wish the board members at AB good luck. They are going to need it.

The Cardinals get swept by the Royals at home, go to Boston and win two (almost three) out of three and then get beat be the Royals again. They've lost three in a row, hope this isn't a trend.

I wonder what kind of conversations God and George Carlin have gotten into. Like to be a fly on the wall there.

I got an email from someone who wanted to know if I still look like my picture on the profile. Are you kidding? Sure, I do....not. It was taken about twelve years and I'm just havin some fun. My new one is my last "publicity shot" at KSHE. I didn't care for it much but Abby Pollay said, ..."it's so you." And as usual, Abby was right. A little less hair and it's certainly a different colour.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking