Friday, July 27, 2007

Song Number Six

Each time I sit down at the computer to do work or piddle, I always wait for the sixth song on "Rocko Radio" to come on. Wasn't it usually song number six that started the second side of an album? Someone once told me that the most important songs were put at three positions on an album. Song one to kick it off, song three to maintain momentum and the the first song on side two to "keep the listener". With that in mind, each time I sit here and the station gets to song number six, I will give you my memory or what the song meant to me. Pretty narcissistic, huh?

Song six tonight is: "Comes A Time" by Neil Young.

From the CD of the same name, released in 1978, to me, this release was his follow up to "Harvest". A very fine song with great lyrics that lift you up. I was working at KFMH in Muscatine and this was a new release that I would reach for quite frequently. My two favorite songs on the album were "Comes a Time" with Nicolette Larson singing back up; and the original "Lotta Love" that she made a hit. Very cool and mellow time for me, I was just exploring life and women since I had just recently divorced. Not too far away from home but I had my own place there and this was my first foray into living alone and not having ANY money. The woman at the time happened to be Rose Case. She had a small child and was a very pleasant person. The child must now be 30. Hey, Rosey, you were fun. If I was to do my top ten Neil songs (which I don't think I can do), this one would be right there.

THAT'S TONIGHT'S SONG NUMBER SIX!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking