Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's Just Junk!

When I am waking up, I don't need to be met on the Local TV by a guy who says it's "a warm 77 today". What does that mean? Tomorrow, if it's 77 at 7:40am, does that mean it's a "cool" 77? What about October, it truly would be a "warm 77"in October, huh? But in July, it could be a "cool" 77, just for arguments sake, no? I have never used an adjective in front of a number, but in today's climate (climate? "warm 77" get it? I kill me!!) of broadcasting, it doesn't matter, and he's "cute" anyway, so that's all that counts.

************************************************************************************

Can you say "rebuilding"? This team is going nowhere fast. How disappointing. Tony's gone, and so is everyone from that regime. Too bad. The owners will now try and get the people to fork over more dough for the ballpark village that looks great on paper but without all the taxpayers money seems doomed. Screw them, all of 'em. I guarantee that these owners won't be here in five years so who cares if the ballpark village goes up, they seem to be content with the hole in the ground the way it is...
*************************************************************************************

Tomorrow is a day off. (I hit a sales goal that allowed me to take a three day weekend). Here's how it will play out. Tomorrow, up late, drink way too much coffee, basketball at noon,sauna, then off to the Golden Eagle Ferry. Head to Kinder's, have a fish sammich, drive around then get ready to go to Davenport Iowa where my grand daughter is turning six. We'll see her (and mom and my 89 year old aunt), then hang and get ready for another work week.

Man, on the "station" tonight, I heard Jeff Beck into Simple Minds into Nanci Griffith into Rare Earth into Steve Miller. Nice, now THAT'S what I am talking about!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking