Saturday, July 28, 2007

I Am Officially Creeped Out, Big Time

Alvin, Simon, Theodore?






This I can accept. Yes, howdy, boys! I'll go back to being 7 again, cool.
This was a bit fun. Here are our boys doing their renditions of "Brass In Pocket","Refugee" and others. I actually played this on the air in Kansas City. Here was the only problem with this: it was July 1980. After I interviewed my buddy Mike Clark (who was pushing the record) on the air, I decided to play some tracks from it (BTW, Mike Clark looked more like Leland Sklar than Leland Sklar did...something like this...
Anyway, did I mention it was one hot muhfugga that July? I don't think anyone in KC wanted to be "entertained" by their favorite Tom Petty, Queen, Pretenders songs sounding like it they were being played at 78rpms. With good intentions, but alas flopping like a led balloon, the "Chipmunk Punk" is stashed away with "Slim Whitman" and "Slimjam 1980". People were pisssssed. I know, I answered the phone.
I digress...
45 years after Simon, Theodore and Alvin actually meant something to a seven year old, somewhere rolling around the family archives is the 331/3 rpm recording of Alvin and the Chipmunks doing the Beatles. I ask you, how sick is that? Huh?
After all this time, get ready for God forbid, the movie....

Here's the trailer...let us all weep together. I am creeped out, big time.
How and when did David's boys become thugs? Yo, Zimmy? China white, today bbeeeeeoooy!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking