Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dave Edmunds Videos



Thanks to my friend Brian, here are some great videos from Dave Edmunds who should be in the rock and roll hall of fame.

Here's Girls Talk with Rockpile

This is "I Hear You Knocking", one of the most underrated rocka nd roll songs ever, and a soundtrack song from my fifteenth year.


"I Knew The Bride" is another great gem from his collection.


"Tear It Up" with The Stray Cats.....I don't know of a better guitar player or arranger
than Dave. He has been one of my faves since 1970.


Here's
Jeff Lynne's contribution to Dave's career. From 1983, it's the video for "Information"

Here's the video to "sliipin Away" another Jeff Lynne production.

From 1990 and with Max Weinberg on drums, this is "King Of Love", "Closer To The Flame" LP, here.

Thanks, Bri

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

Glad you enjoyed them, my friend! What's wild is I wasn't even aware of the existence of most of those videos--apart from "Slippin' Away" and "Information"--until I stumbled across them on YouTube. Just goes to show that MTV was sleeping at the wheel back in their early years when they could've been showing cool stuff like this instead of Culture Club and Duran Duran ad nauseam.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking