Saturday, August 20, 2005

Al Stewart

I was getting my extra mile in today, and the Ipod hit on a song by Al Stewart. It was "Where Are They Now?" I can't tell you how much I enjoy this guy. Of course, I think everyone's first taste of him was "Year of The Cat" (me, too), but he's been making music since 1967. I have followed his career and got a real thrill when he signed my "Year of The Cat" LP a few years ago. He is a master wine collector and probably doesn't like dealing with the hassles of the road, but I sure am glad I saw him. Extra bonus: his guitar player for many years was Peter White (another excellent guitar player that you have never heard of). Peter is now HUGE with the Smooth Jazz genre.
My top five Al Stewart songs (as of today):
1. "Year of The Cat"
2. Don't Forget Me
3. "Time Passages"
4. "On the Border"
5. "Last Days of The Century"
BTW, Al is the only person I have ever heard use the word "jackdaw" and make it rhyme. He gets extra points for that.

2 comments:

Ken Dillon said...

I got to do a VERY coo interview with Peter White about 5 or so years ago...and what about "Midnight Rocks" from Stewart? Heard that one?

Ken Dillon said...

By the way.."coo" equals "cool."
Sorry...my brain is still in "State Fair" mode I guess. I need to start using that "preview" feature!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking