Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday Afternoon Sports

I have a ton of stuff I have to do. Work in the yard, in the office, in the basement. But here I sit in the office, watching the Bird-Magic weekend on ESPN classic. Before Micheal, before Shaq, it was Bird, Magic, Parrish, Worthy, McHale, McAdoo, Ainge, etc. etc. I was watching game 4 of the 1984 championships that went into overtime. It makes me realize how good these guys were. A made midrange jumpshot is so beautiful, especially if it is a bank shot. Just like Mr. Wooden teaches. If that isn't enough, the Cardinals are on Tv later, and if that is not enough, the Little league World Series is on. The team from Davenport, Ia. is in the tournament. Davenport is the big daddy of the Quad Cities. The team has already lost one game, and for some reason, any team that is entered in a national deal from the Quad Cities is doomed. I will keep you informed how it turns out. That would be very cool if they did well. Good luck to them! ..(there's the kiss of death...)
It really wasn't my day...Davenport lost big time, the Cardinals lost, and the Celtics lost the game I was watching. Don't ask me to root for your team.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking