Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

...Gordon Ramsay.


One of the only bright spots in daytime TV is the BBC America Network. Every afternoon, Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares comes on and I love it. Don't ask me why, but like I said, it's a guilty pleasure. He literally takes no shit from anybody and he sure knows what the hell he's doing, eh?

That got me turned on to the American version and thanks to http://www.hulu.com/, I can watch all the shows (and I have).

The premise is this...restaurant is having trouble, something's not quite right. He comes in, tells them they are all bloody bastards and he will fix it. Says the word "fuck" a lot and basically tears the restaurant apart and starts all over again. He gets them in shape and then he comes back later to see how they are doing, eh?

My favorite BBC show was when to went to France to fix a place and met with the owner and her father, a French bird who basically didn't give a damn. He fixed the place up and left only to come back 3 months later to find it had been closed down. He called a meeting with the owner and the daughter, she showed up and told him to "fuck off". The father apologized. Hilarious.


I do not, however like the "Hell's Kitchen" show where all he does is berate people. I can't stand that show.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking