Monday, August 20, 2007

Hypocrites


Wal-Mart Offers Something Extra With Advance Order Of Eagles Album
WAL-MART will begin accepting advance orders for THE EAGLES' first studio album of new music in 28 years, "Long Road Out of Eden." Fans can pre-order the album on WALMART.COM and receive a free MP3 download of the new radio-released single "How Long" with purchase. The "Long Road Out of Eden" CD, scheduled for an OCTOBER release, will be sold exclusively at WAL-MART and SAM'S CLUB in the U.S. and CANADA and through WALMART.COM and SAMSCLUB.COM. "THE EAGLES are one of the greatest music bands in history and we are honored to bring to all fans this long-awaited studio album," said SVP/ntertainment GARY SEVERSON. "THE EAGLES partnership demonstrates how serious we are about providing our customers unique music offerings and compelling ways to enjoy hearing and seeing their favorite artists."


I wouldn't piss in a WalMart if I got paid. Now, Don Henley exposes himself to be one of the biggest hypocrites ever. Mr. "I love Walden Pond" has shown his true colours. And that colour is green. Too bad. I'll have to wait until the CD is available somewhere else to check it out. Back in the day, I would buy an Eagles album sight unseen, but now, with the dreck they have released lately ("Get Over It", "Hole In The World"), their greatness is behind them, way behind them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, too many bands are following suit. My guess, is that they want to grab as much green as possible. Last time I checked, greed was still a sin.

Anonymous said...

sad thing is they could be billionaires if they'd get off their butts and tour, then they would'nt need to sell out .

Brian Holland said...

Hypocrites? Probably so. BUT, I still disagree with you on the merits of "Get Over It"--awesome song in my book, but that's just me...

Dave Morris said...

I'm considering jetting to L-A to see them in concert. After purchasing their Live in Sydney DVD, I told myself I'd pay any price to see them live...

Hey, everything is about green these days. You will boycott until your boycotter is sore... ;)

RR said...

Good point, Dave. I hope they leave the solo stuff at home for ya. I wasn't happy spending $95 a piece to hear "Ordianery Average Guy"

William Fink said...

Randy,

Good points. On the same token, you should check out a band called The Bastard Fairies (www.BastardFairies.com). They are a bit on the "Dark" side, but the music grows on you the more you listen.

I only mention this because they give their music away for free. You can download their entire CD; or, you could buy it.

I think they are leading the way for which the 21st century will have to deal with music and the sale of music. Perhaps artists will make their bucks doing concerts and the recording industry will make their bucks...err... promoting real talent (and selling bubble gum crap like Hanna Montana).

I have enjoyed reading your blog...keep it real

--Bill
http://williamfink.blogspot.com/

Blog Archive

Web Tracking