Friday, June 02, 2006

Weekend Crap

This is almost day 110 into what I call as "Operation Ground Zero". It is an opportunity to start again and reenergize the thought process in the somewhat new age of 50. It has been that long since a have had a drink. "How do I feel? " some people have asked. I feel great. I have also dropped 28 pounds, so that may have something to do with it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What will be the future of HD radio? It is very expensive right now to buy a receiver, but I also remember when blank video tapes were ten bucks a piece. I hope that the radio companies (and I think mine will) be bold enough to offer something other than the same tired 500 song playlist. I have witnessed the diffrence between HD and analog, and I can't wait to hear Steely Dan's "Aja"... or "Crime of the Century" by Supertramp on one. When I was working in a stereo store in the late 70s, those were the two albums that were sonically miles ahead of their peers. Those would be the LPs we would test stereos.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats again to the people at the Arch. Less than 1 point behind KMOX in the 12+ demos. That's frickin cool. Some of The Arch music isn't for me, but there in lies the popularity. It's not for everyone some of the time, but for most folks most of the time, and that has translated into a real winning formula. I don't think the other stations still know what hit them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
St. Peterfest in Kirkwood tonight. Nothing like a parish festival to get into summer. I think I will go easy on the food and drink this year. It will be fun, though, just to get the latest gossip in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking