Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ouch, this one hurts.


Rest in Peace Billy Preston. How cool were you? You got the chance to jam with the Beatles on the rooftop. You got to be the "fifth Beatle." You did that amazing keyboard in "Get Back". You were the only person other than the Beatles to get a credit on their records. As I sit here listening to "Outa Space" (a #2 song in July of 1972, "Lean On Me was number one.), I say a prayer for your family. Apparently, you've been in a coma for awhile. Thank you for your music, your smile and that very very cool afro.

He seemed to me to be a very happy guy, it looked like he smiled a lot. Apparently, he had many battles with the demons that we all face.

Billy Preston was 59.

1 comment:

Melted Plastic said...

sad to see him pass away and at a young age. I am sure he is off to a better place.

Randy, I do hope all is well with you.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking