Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Weekend Post #4 The last one...



The headstone says:
Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart.

It doesn't say what you gave up over there. It took you so long to come home even after you came home. It hurt so bad to see you like that. I can't begin to explain how much I miss you, bro. I feel lost and sometimes double crossed in life and I always remember your kind words. "Shut the fuck up and get going". I can't imagine what my life would have been like with you in it. I think about you every hour of every day. Forty five was WAY too early to go. I will see you soon.
William Guy Raley Jr. October 5 1948-October 9 1993


BTW, I stole your flag. Didn't think you'd need it or miss it.

2 comments:

Dave Morris said...

God bless you Randy.

Unknown said...

Wish I could have stoped there too.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking