Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The "KSHE" Curse?

As I saddle up to the computer today, I had a dream last night about the KSHE "Curse". Many years ago, when I was there I was discussing with someone about how people who left KSHE never really seemed to get their feet under them after they left. I left in 1998 to help build a start up station called 97FM The Rock! on a frequency no one wanted. It seemed the right time to go. The guy I worked for never really liked me and I could tell he was starting to make his feelings known. So, after much deliberation with family (my dughter was 9 at the time and she started crying about me leaving the "pig" station), we decided that the money was right and so was the timing. After having a great two years, KSHE bought The Rock, shut it off and showed me the door. My life has spiraled downhill ever since. After a year at Smooth Jazz (which I did enjoy), I got deathly ill, went to KC, got fired, and have been wandering around the desert since. I am a Christian man, and although I don't believe in "curses", there may be something to this one. If anyone has a remedy for "curses", please let me know. I really could use some help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would take a shot of Cabo Wabo and set out to a beach somewhere to collect my happy thoughts then return with a new and refreshed attitude. You are doing great! AND it is great to hear you on St. Louis radio again!

Now, can you guess who this is? It is someone who misses having lunch with her friend Randy! I'll give you a hint! I am the biggest Sammy fan you will ever meet (probably).....

It's Becky, silly!!!

Email me and fill me in on what has been happening with you! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Well, I would take a shot of Cabo Wabo and set out to a beach somewhere to collect my happy thoughts then return with a new and refreshed attitude. You are doing great! AND it is great to hear you on St. Louis radio again!

Now, can you guess who this is? It is someone who misses having lunch with her friend Randy! I'll give you a hint! I am the biggest Sammy fan you will ever meet (probably).....

It's Becky, silly!!!

Email me and fill me in on what has been happening with you! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Could be worse...you coule be one of those caught in the endless loop of personnel replay that is KTRS...

RR said...

Becky, Love ya but you didn't leave your email addy. Let me know, kid. I won't post it.

Anonymous said...

misscabowabo@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and I think it's GREAT that you are back on the air! I miss THE ROCK and up until recently, still had the window sticker in my car (my husband finally took it off after much argument, telling me to move on with my life).

I don't believe in the curse. Everything happens for a reason and it is up to you to figure out what the reason means.

Serenity now.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking