Thursday, January 05, 2006

What a Football Game

I stayed up WAY too late last night to watch..college football. My Hawkeyes lost (with the help of the officials), Mizzou won on the back of Brad Smith. I usually root for the underdog, even if it means...holding my nose...and rooting for Texas. USC had won too many, it was time for someone else. WOW! What an ending and what a game. After the game, Pete Carroll, coach of USC was humble and gracious in his praise for Texas. He showed me why so many kids want to play for him. He showed great class. On the other hand, Keith Jackson
who is by far better at calling college football than anyone before or in the future was just lost. It was like seeing Willie Mays playing for the Mets or Joe Namath playing for the Rams. There comes a time to go, and at 77, he deserves to go when he wants to, but Keith, it's over, you made absolutely no sense last night. I counted in one play, six mistakes. You were the greatest and I want to remember you like that, not like last night.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking