Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's happened already

Unbelievable! Not even two days into the New Year and we have lost people we know and care about. My cousin, Karl McNew Jr. died of throat cancer yesterday. Second from left with the McNew boys. It was very unexpected. He was the oldest man in my generation of relatives and probably my late brothers best friend. They joined the Army together. He was staying with us when the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan on 2/9/64. He was in the room when it came on. I will miss him dearly.He was 58. Leo Chears, one of the great names in St. Louis broadcasting passed yesterday, too. Everyone in the radio business in St. Louis knew of Leo. "The Man In The Red Vest" was 72. My daughter lost a friend yesterday too as he died in a car accident. He was NOT wearing a seatbelt. Let this be a lesson to all that we are here for just a short time. Make it count. Do not hesitate to tell the people you love that you love them. You never know when your time is up. I ask for your prayers and blessings in this already disappointing year.

3 comments:

Max said...

Randy, it didn't dawn on me until I read this post that Harley and your daughter might have been friends. Tragic loss of life that could have been prevented and I hope one of his friends takes the challange to remind others that wearing a seatbelt could have saved his life.

Max...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!
Your Little SIS

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that the new year is starting out like this.

If there is anything that I can do let me know.

Patrick

Blog Archive

Web Tracking