Tuesday, October 28, 2008

After Joanie


All the folks have gone back to their homes and the healing begins. I know many of them for the next couple of years will think of life before Joanie and then after Joanie. It has happened to me in my life concerning my mother. This past week has been one of the worst weeks ever, for me personally and for the family, too. I know how hard this past week has been but, starting tomorrow, it's back to the routine and the daily grind. I think the last few days has made the family closer somehow, we all seemed to rely and find solace in each other. It was great to see four places taken up at the table at home. There's usually just one. The girl is back with the boyfriend and school; the boy, in LA, missing his girlfriend which is the way it should be. It will be Christmas before we all get together again. I'll head to Bloomington tomorrow and then it's turn back the clocks weekend, probably my least favorite time of the year. It seems a long way from last Thursday when all of this happened. But, with all that is happening in the world, I reiterate how lucky and blessed I am to be surrounded by people who I love and who love me, if only for just a little while. May we go forward with God's wishes and with our comforts of faith. The weather turns chilly and the days dim...

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking