Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Running Night

Went for a short one tonight, a small jaunt through the northeast part of Normal. Crossed Veteran's Parkway on College, through a subdivision and a cornfield (?!) to the Four Seasons Fitness Center. A nice, non profit organization that has everything from yoga to spinning to basketball to free weights. I look forward to getting back in physical shape to play basketball again. My membership starts on Tuesday.
What I did tonight was run a song, walk a song, run a song, etc. It was my night to get into shape I guess.

Running songs
"I'll Take Care of You/It's A Man's, Man's Man's Man's World"-Van Morrison time 16:15
"Another Man Down"-Heartsfield time 10:15
"Samba De Sausalita"-Santana time 3:34
"The End"-The Doors time 11:46
"Reach Out I'll Be There"-Four Tops 3:06
"Inna Gadda Da Vida"-Iron Butterfly 17:10

Walking songs
"Factory"-Bruce Springsteen time 2:19
"The Air That I Breathe"-Hollies time 4:12
"You're All I Need To Get By"-Marvin Gaye 2:40
"And The Grass Wont Pay No Mind"-Neil Diamond 3:32
"All The Right Reasons"-Jayhawks 3:25
"Rhumba Girl"-Nicolette Larson 3:49
"I Need You"-Beatles 2:31

Well, you get the idea. It was an absolute perfect night to be outside, crisp and cool about 68 in B/N. It reminded me of walking home from the drive in theatre late in the summer. Lovely evening stroll.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

Dude, excellent taste you have by including "And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind" on your iPod. Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & The Raiders did a version of that song circa. 1970-71 that I just love--one of my favorite AM pop songs from the early '70s.

Look for a long-overdue Neil Diamond tribute on my blog very soon...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking