Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday Night

I try to write something here as much as I can. I have been so busy at work, it's been hard lately to put much thought into a well crafted post. I'm not sure tonight is the one that will reverse the trend. I have a number of things on my mind and tomorrow I hope to post a few. I appreciate the ever steady increase in hits on the website.

When I grew up in the middle of nowhere, I wanted to escape as quickly as possible. I am not sure where I escaped to, but at least it was somewhere that had something within five miles. It had highways, stores that stayed open past six oclock, and a place where you could eat 24 hours a day. As I get older, I think I would now like to escape back to nowhere. I'd like to spend my final days in a place that requires a four wheel drive to get to.

I am a fan of Jesse Colin-Young. He had the coolest hair back then. He and his band the Youngbloods had the big song "Come Together". He had a few really tasty songs afterward, one being "Ridgetop", the story of just the place where I could call my home. Maybe someday...

Here's Jesse singing the song from a few years ago..


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I loved that Light Shine album by JCY. I remember hearing side 1 which tracks all the way through back in the early 70s on KSHE. IIRC, it usually got played around 11:40 at night - I guess so the jock could skip out a few minutes early.

I still have the album and CD and pull it out from time to time.

dr sardonicus said...

"Ridgetop" was the second-best thing Jesse Colin-Young came up with, surpassed only by "Darkness, Darkness". I'm not a big fan of his solo recordings.

You might one day escape to the country, or maybe you'll stay around St. Louis. Either one easily beats a lifetime in East Moline.

FISTer_Dad said...

I was going to listen to KY this AM and found out they are no more. I hate these media conglomerates. When I moved to St. Louis I still had some 102 bumper stickers, so I pasted them on the inside of my garage doors. When I moved to St. Louis in 1997 I found you on the radio doing a morning show with Mike Doran. I couldn’t believe my luck when I found you on the radio; it brought back some great memories growing up in KC listening to the greatest group of jocks I’ve ever heard. Those were the days. Anyway, glad I found you again and hope you’re doing well.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking