Sunday, February 10, 2008

What A Week...

Tough week. Emotions are pretty raw. I had to resign from a local internet chat board due to the fact that I was about to say things in public that I would regret. That's not like me. People seem to have a hard believing that I could actually grieve for Cookie Thornton and the people he slaughtered at the same time. God loves everyone. At one time, he was a decent guy, that's the guy and his family that I grieve for. Not the guy who killed my friends. I have about four funerals to attend this week. I have decided to take tonight off, lock myself in my office, listen to some old favorites (Genesis' Wind and Wuthering happens to be on now...) and get lost in a game of Sim City 3000. I think I'd like to go back to 1976 (the year the album was made) just for a while. To be twenty again, sigh... I always wanted to be able to travel back in time, have a chance to live it all over again, only smarter. How would it have changed? Interesting things to ponder but without me, I have a city that needs to be built. I have stuff to do, but for right now, tonight, mindless entertainment might be good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy,

I understand your grief for all involved. Early on in my law career I handled a murder case where the 17 year old girl and her 18 year old boyfriend did something with their baby who had just been born...and I might add was soon to die. Regardless, they did something that caused them to be charged. In an incident such as this, when someone just "snaps" (and I believe that does happen), you have to feel sorry for all...the innocent people and the person who killed....he was not in his right mind from all indications. Your grief is well founded and is acceptable...don't let the bastards get you down!

Ken Dillon said...

I have read with interest your comments since the tragic events of that night. You were the first person that crossed my mind, as I knew you live there.

My thoughts and prayers, as trie as it might seem, are with the town.

To a MUCH smaller degree, we had that same feeling of loss, and "what's next" when we had the tragedy of the Elks Building collapse in Clinton...but that was a building collapse, not a shooting.

You're always in my thoughts, Brother.

Max said...

Randy, for those of us that knew (or at least knew of) all the people involved in last thursday's events, it is really hard. As much as I thought Cookie was a complete ass for the things that he did at council meetings, but I do/did know the sides of him that some have mentioned. That is of him being a decent person.

Max...

Blog Archive

Web Tracking