Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

Three weeks from today, the kid moves away. Today was day one of the "big shop". So far, so good. Foundation strong, looking for cracks. I sometimes think that may be I should start a support group for Dads who dread this kind of thing in the fall. By talking around, a number of guys didn't know what to do when their youngest daughters left for college. One dad from the Notre Dame clan said he got so depressed, he could hardly work. You know, us guys aren't supposed to feel shit like this. Keep walkin, keep walkin..but sometimes we just may need a break from the slog just to sit and talk and see what and how we are doing. I am not sure if moms and son's feel this way, but dog gone it, these girls are our babies and it stings.

***************************************************************************************
One of my nearest and dearest friends in town tonight from Kansas City for the "High School Reunion" show at The Scottrade tonight. I got him tickets when "The New Cars" were still on the bill, but somehow got double billed with a gig in New Hampshire (WTF?). It's Gin Blossoms, Stray Cats, Pretenders and double Z. I first saw ZZ Top in 1973 with Skynyrd opening the show. (More about that later) The Pretenders opened for the Keith Moonless Who at Kemper in 1980. When they first came out, we thought she was a he. They blew the Who off the stage that night. Exceptional chops and I have been fan since ("Middle of The Road" kicks ass) that night. Stray Cats ought to be fun, Brian Setzer is about as good as it gets. Gin Blossoms are a fine band. We will regale and be merry over steaks, potatoes and sweet corn and then off to the show, they go.
**************************************************************************************
I am jealous of a co-worker. He has a phone that will allow him to import mp3s as ring tones. While watching the video on WLS the other day (not on company time) we came to the point where the WLS jingle was played and he had a great idea. So, after a little help here and there, he has a ring tone that says "da-da-da music radio doubleyou el ess..chicago" everytime he gets a call. It sounds great, the bum. I can't do that with mine, just download tones from the web. The bum.
**************************************************************************************


1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

Gonna have to disagree with ya on this one--I was at that same Who show at Kemper in '80 and we thought the Pretenders sucked and The Who ruled! Then again, I'm an uber-Who fan, and that was my first Who concert, so take it for whatever it's worth.

I do remember how Martin Chambers couldn't seem to hang on to his drum sticks and they went flying throughout the crowd, and my sister thought Chrissie Hynde was a dude at first, too! I at least knew who she was so, I set her straight.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking