Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cool 80's TShirt

I got this shirt at Kemper Arena, KC spring of 1985. I saw him again in StL about two years later. In 1985, I took an old "girlfriend"(pretty one sided) and her parents to the show. At that time, I was really getting into his stuff after all that time he was in my house growing up. He was incredible. I didn't get the girl but two years later at the Arena, he was pretty bad. I am glad I saw him before he wasn't Frank anymore.

In the spirit of Randy's tee shirts, I would like to give this shout out to one of the true loves of my life, the incredibly gorgeous Bree. Loved and hated her with the heat of a thousand white hot suns. After doing a remote for KY 102 in 1981, I came back to our place and found out she had disposed of all of my collectors T shirts. Shirts that had went all the way back to my first show, Rare Earth, Sugarloaf and Flo&Eddie at the Rock Island Armory May 1972. She wanted to "up" my image. She wanted me to be "GQ"ish. Two drawers of priceless only worn once shirts, from Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes to Elvin Bishop to Summerjam 1977 to a signed Police TShirt all given away to "the needy" in one sad, hot Saturady that summer. She was beautiful, fun, passionate, f#@king tempestuous, and dangerous (she gave me a "cauliflower" ear)at times. I miss those shirts but I would trade every one of them to have you back for your husband and kids. I am sure they miss you. Maybe someday, I'll meet them. Godspeed, girl.

3 comments:

Max said...

Oh, that must have sucked huge raw ones. My wife often wonders about the amount of t-shirts I have and my mini collection of Indigo Girls concert t's that I have. I lost one of them to an ex-fiance and one was spoiled by the cat (although I still have it stains and all).

Max...

Anonymous said...

Did she pass away? Sounds like it from the last sentence ...

RR said...

Bree was killed in an auto accident when she was rear ended by some kids "playing chicken" on a road in California about 12 years ago. She was killed in front of her kids and husband (her high school sweetheart that she reconnected with). She was truly one of the loves of my life.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking