Saturday, June 23, 2007

So Long, Farewell

Today is the the day that the boy finds himself on a new journey in a land far far away. He is headed to the bright lights of LA. No tearful goodbyes, just farewell. A very new and exciting beginning is about to unfold as he adds another new chapter in his glorious book. How cool it has been to watch this young man grow up. I envy him. I also know what it feels like to start that new chapter. It's scary but exciting. I remember moving to Kansas City, not knowing a soul and somehow figured it out. I remember moving to St. Louis, only knowing a couple of people and somehow figuring it out. He won't be back much, I know but this is what we call "The Cycle Of Life". We all must leave the nest someday and today is his day. Sadness but yet fulfillment knowing that he is about as prepped for this journey as anyone can be. He is a great young man, rooted in his values and his faith. I am not worried about who he is or what he will accomplish, it will all be good.

"Young Man's Fancy" by the Amazing Blondel

"Here's to my acquaintance, and companion
Lift your glass I love you, and leave you
I do, give you, all my best.
Here's to lovely lasses
Who by now are sleeping sound
We miss you, and kiss you,
We will, until we can no longer hope
And I would spread the softest ground,
For you to walk around,
If I could be your right hand,
I'd bless the seed that I would sow,
And hope that it would grow
Into a sight to hold you
And we could have the richest thing
To make your songbird sing
A tale to haunt the evening.
Then I would give you every note
Of every song I wrote
For them to ring forever "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy:

I've been an occasional lurker at your blog for a couple of years (I'm a former Quad Citizen myself, 1987-1998) and I've enjoyed your radio tales, rock memories, and photos. I am glad to hear that you're on your way to L.A. and optimistic about it after what must have been an uncertain year.

Keep up the good work over here, and good luck to you in Cali.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking