Friday, June 22, 2007

RIP Dianna Kirby




Dianna Kirby was the
person who ran the radio station at Flo Valley Community College, taught broadcasting there and so much more. The number of lives she touched cannot be measured in mere numbers. To many students, Dianna was more than a teacher, she was a friend and mentor. I knew Dianna from the time she asked me to come speak to her class many years ago.
I was somebody then and for some reason, she kept asking me back. I had a deep respect for Dianna, she was doing what I wanted to do(teach radio to college kids) only better than I could have ever hoped. She died of a heart attack a few days ago while battling cancer. I am almost sorry to say that it was probably better she went this way than having a long nasty fight with the big C. RIP, Dianna, I think you know how many lives you touched. I know you touched mine.
I'll remember you like the pictures show, smiling and happy. Godspeed.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking