Saturday, May 12, 2007

May 12 2007

The 31st anniversary of my first day in the air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what is happening to me emotionally but I don't like it. I am thinking and feeling things I have never felt before. My daughter is leaving for college in August and that is all I am dwelling on. I have been obsessed with the idea that I am growing old and wondering who will need me then? I was having a conversation about this to a buddy of mine in the sauna the other day and he said the same exact thing is happening to him. We were wondering if hormones had anything to do with it. All I know is while I am happy with who and what I am at this stage in my life, I shudder to think what the future holds and how shitty it's going to be without her. I don't see her much now becasue she is with her friends but at least I know she will be coming home before the night is done. That won't happen in August ...arrggghh! I know I am very lucky to be able to send her to a great school, but I cannot get past the fact that she's leaving and probably won't return home much. I can't stand it. It is killing me and I don't know why. Mr. Strongguy has turned into mush and it sucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went and hit some golf balls for the first time in about four years today. I am playing in a charity game on Monday and I needed to see if I could even hit them anymore. I hit most of them pretty well and we will see what happens on Monday. Head down, arm straight, follow through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am afraid the station in Nashville that I left is in deep trouble. The winter rating book came back and it was rough on my buddy Al. Of course, I don't think the company will let him win. Al will do things exactly as they tell him to do and then when the ratings stall, they will blame Al and blow him out. They should have left us alone and kept things the way they were when we started.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep again last night, so I went downstairs and watched all the Friday Night Lights that were Tivoed and I hadn't seen. It is an excellent show and I hope that next year it finds an audience like "Hill Street Blues" did. Good story, good acting and I am thinking the gal that plays the coach's wife is just killer diller beautiful.


I believe she was in the movie, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah , the double edge sword of programming today...do as we say so we have someone to blame later .
Al Brock will always bounce back
though . I have faith in that .

Max said...

I've heard through the rumor mill over on tvsquad.com that FNL is indeed back for next season. You may rejoice :).

Also, since I know you have contacts and friends :) (and even might be interested yourself). We here at the college have a job opening.

Mass Communications Instructor/ Assistant Professor -- Emphasis Radio Broadcasting, Florissant Valley. Communications, $45,434 minimum for Instructor, $51,154 minimum for Assistant Professor

Closing Date: May 29

Requires a Masters degree in mass communication, broadcasting, or communication. The candidate should be passionate about the radio broadcasting field as well as teaching a diverse student body. The person should have media experience or full-time teaching experience in radio. Our college is moving toward Internet radio. The possibility of teaching video production or film appreciation would be a plus. In addition, we expect the person hired to work as a collaborative member of the communications department.

Responsibilities include teaching broadcasting classes in the areas of introduction to broadcasting, radio production and applied broadcasting. This person must be radio broadcasting technology literate. Course load could also include mass communication or oral communication. This individual will supervise the radio station personnel and help with the National Broadcasting Society Club on campus.

Teaching load is 15 credit hours per semester with multiple course preparations. Release time may be available for related responsibilities. Faculty schedule may include day, evening, and weekend classes. Include in your application packet an SLCC application, cover letter, resume/vitae, three letters of reference, and official graduate and undergraduate transcripts as well as your teaching philosophy. Minorities and those with experience teaching minority students are strongly encouraged to apply. Begins August 2007.

Max...

Anonymous said...

Watched a documentary on John Lennon (when Nixon was trying to get him kicked out of the USA). A quote from him (after he won his case) will stick with me for the rest of my life. He was asked if he harbored any ill feelings towards the Nixon administration and prosectors in the case and he simply said "I believe time wounds all heels." I have to believe that will happen to all the corporate assholes who are running the show out there. I just hate corporations. They have ruined so much of what I loved about this country when I was growing up. Not just radio, EVERYTHING.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking