Sunday, April 08, 2007

Everything Must Go!!!

I am clearing out all of the stuff that I used to rely on when I was on the air. I have found 19 notebooks of morning show bits, countless CDs of comedy, parody songs and the like. One entire box of "Flashback" shows. "Flashback' was agreat show that was very well produced. Research, playlists and all sorts of stuff from the consultancy and some old tapes, vidoes, books and whatever. IT ALL MUST GO!!!

My friend Ken Dillon has agreed to take this stuff off my hands, but I found this in all the mess....

This was my first programming job ever. I was in charge of programming an AM station after 7pm. Given free reign to put together a show that featured music "that no one else was playing at the time". It's hard to read but from A/M 77 (April May 1977 to April May 78), I increased the audience by over 200%. The station was always pretty strong during the day, but after 7pm, it sucked. KSTT was the big top 40 giant. It featured all the stuff that AM stations did at that time with the hyped delivery and all that. It was one of the stations I grew up listening to. So, we unveiled this...


The station played Abba and Barry Manilow during the day, then after 7,we would be broadcasting "under the Quad Cities"... it would be The Who, Ted Nugent, Rush, Alan Parsons, Beatles, Stones, etc. I modeled it after visiting St.Louis and spending some qulity time with KSHE 95. We were so successful that an FM station in town fired up and copied our format right about the time these numbers came out. I was then fired for the second time in my career. 97X in the Quad Cities is still on the air.

So, Kenny, it's a car load of stuff, but you are welcome to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking