Monday, March 12, 2007

Tournament Thoughts



I am not sure how I feel about Dick Vitale. I want to hate the guy, but last year when we went to a prep rally at Notre Dame (he has two daughters that go there), we saw him and he was exceptional about talking with people, having his picture taken and my son says his daughters are very nice.
But still, he seems to the a shill for the ACC, if he isn't touting Duke, he is touting Maryland or some other team. Yeah, the ACC is a great conference but enough is enough. He says North Carolina will win it all. Surprize.
I thought Missouri State got screwed again and only two MVC teams got in.
Creighton has a tough match up and so does SIU. Notre Dame got hosed. They got all the way to the semi-finals of their conference tournament losing to eventual champion (and number two seed) Georgetown by two points. For that they get a sixth seed. Duke loses in the first game of their conference tournament by a team that didn't make the NCAA tournament and they got a sixth seed.
You can not be rewarded for past sucesses, that shouldn't count. Too bad for Drexel, Air Force and Syracuse. They got hosed, too.

1 comment:

Brian Holland said...

I hear what you're saying--everything I've ever heard about Dickie V. is that he's a really nice man off-camera, but when he's behind the mic, he turns into this irritating boob that my mute button doesn't even stand a chance against!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking