Friday, March 23, 2007

The Last Day

...4:27 pm March 23 2007



It was an early morning yesterday
I was up before the dawn
And I really have enjoyed my stay
But I must be moving on

Like a king without a castle
Like a queen without a throne
Im an early morning lover
And I must be moving on

Now I believe in what you say
Is the undisputed truth
But I have to have things my own way
To keep me in my youth

Like a ship without an achor
Like a slave without a chain
Just the thought of those sweet ladies
Sends a shiver through my veins

And I will go on shining
Shining like brand new
Ill never look behind me
My troubles will be few

Goodbye strange its been nice
Hope you find your paradise
Tried to see your point of view
Hope your dreams will all come true
Goodbye mary, goodbye jane
Will we ever meet again
Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
Come tomorrow, feel no pain

Now some they do and some they dont
And some you just cant tell
And some they will and some they wont
With some its just as well

You can laugh at my behavior
Thatll never bother me
Say the devil is my savior
But I dont pay no heed

And I will go on shining
Shining like brand new
Ill never look behind me
My troubles will be few
Goodbye stranger its been nice etc...


Someone here wanted to know the song I have played most in my life...that is an interesting question, there is no real way to know but it's probably one of these three..."LaGrange" by ZZ Top, "More Than A feeling" by Boston or "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin. Those are the ones that stand out top of mind. I'll put my money on ZZ.

..6:03 pm March 23 2007
The last hour starts with "Night Moves" by Bob Seger

...Aint it funny how the night moves
When you just dont seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves...
..6:07 pm March 23 2007
...When it all gets too heavy
Thats when they come and go
With only one thing in common
They got the fire down below

It happens out in vegas happens in moline
On the blue blood streets of boston
Up in berkeley and out in queens
And it went on yesterday and its going on tonight
Somewhere theres somebody aint treatin somebody right

One of my favorite Seger songs, just because it talks about "Moline".

..6:22pm March 23 2007

...Ah but sooner or later you sleep in your own space
Either way it's O.K. you wake up with yourself...My Life from Billy Joel, not one of my personal faves, but it gets the point across.

...6:26 pm March 23 2007
..."A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rose instead
Well get a table near the street
In our old familiar place You and I - face to face"
...his masterpiece really, and an honor to have it be one of the last three.

Whoa, time for some commercials, be right back....

...6:40 pm March 23 2007

...."Im stranded in the jungle
Taking all the heat they was giving
The night is dark but the sidewalks bright
And lined with the light of the living
From a tenement window a transistor blasts
Turn around the corner things got real quiet real fast..."

What a poet. If he was a film maker, he'd be Scorcese, Speilberg, and Coppola all rolled into one.


...6:44, the last one, the last day, ever.
...."The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
And the boys try to look so hard
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
I wanna die with you wendy on the streets tonight
In an everlasting kiss..."

It can all be boiled down to one 5 minute exhaustive ride. A song that features not one or two but three mind blowing, screaming orgasms. It's a song that changed my life and the one that will go down in my own made up history as the end.

"Thank you and Goodnight Nashville, and goodnight Mr. and Mrs. America, wherever you are."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT SONG , THAT SONG , man I can't even describe the way it makes me feel...devil may care youthful abandon , city living in the 80's , it really takes me back . To quote D Crosby : "If I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my teeth."

Anonymous said...

Yep, my favorite Seger song too, good ol' Moline mentioned in there!

Love Boston's More than a feeling.

I think you need to get some Gerry Rafferty in there.....maybe Baker Street??????

Been trying to call the request line still can't get through. :(

Hugs,
Beth

Anonymous said...

um , goodbye stranger is the one I was talking about

Anonymous said...

Sad that I missed your last show, hope the new job is going well.


Hugs,
Beth

B said...

((HUGS))

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Randy I am gonna laugh my ass off when you come crawling back to me. And I know you will. I wish you well in your endeavor, but we both know where you belong. And don't worry, I will still welcome you with open arms. Love Radio.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking