Sunday, July 02, 2006

Friday Sucked!!

After deciding that I want to buy American shoes, built in America, I stop by the New Balance store right next to the Arch. They measure my feet and tell me I wear a size 11 1/2 shoe. I have never worn anything higher than a 10 1/2, but I say OK, you are the pros, so I take the 11 1/2's home. After rubbing two holes on my Achilles tendon, I return the shoes for 10 1/2's. They don't have 10 1/2's in stock, but they convince me to buy 10 1/2 size "mid tops" because all of the ballers are wearing them. Well, I am not a "baller" and I have 50 year old ankles. Not to worry, all the guys are wearing them, they give great support and it's not really a low top shoe. After playing 35 minutes on Friday, here is the result:


I am out til Labor Day at least. Today, New Balance gets these shoes back with an earful from me. I want 10 1/2 size high tops and I want them now. I can't play for at least two months, but dammit, I want them now, or cheerfully refund my money. Can I get a pair of Chuck Taylor's somewhere?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did the doctor say?

RR said...

Doctor?

Blog Archive

Web Tracking