Sunday, December 04, 2005

Disappointed...


I was watching "Meet The Press" this morning because John McCain was on. In a commercial, I heard "Get Together" by the Youngbloods. Definately one of my top 100 songs of all time. I could not believe it when I found out it was for the Natural Gas Industry. I know The Doors were offered 15 million dollars for "Break On Through", but I NEVER thought the man who wrote "Get Together" amd "Ridgetop" would do this. Pete Townshend, I understand, but I am now certain that the Revolution is over and THEY won.
Say it ain't so, Jesse.

This sidenote and update:
Randy:
You may be able to rest a little easier, knowing that Jesse Colin Young didn't write "Get Together." Dino Valenti of Quicksilver Messenger Service (a/k/a Chet Powers) wrote the song, and it was probably licensed by his estate...He died here in Santa Rosa in 1994.

Happy Holidays!

Mike Watermann

Mike is one of THE best guys I have ever worked for. Thanks, bro, I DO feel better.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking