Monday, October 31, 2005

God love them all

Depending on what day it is, I feel blessed or cursed. God, please take special exemption and please grant your mercy on those who have gone through chemo, are going through it now or will go through it. Have a special place for the families of those who go through this nasty ass shit. It tears you up, makes you weak and it will shake the foundation of your core. It makes you stand in front of the meat counter at Schnuck's wondering why you are there. The ceiling fan is an endlessly looped tape. You have a rash from the top of your chest to the top of your ankles. You want to kill yourself. Right is wrong and wrong is right. Its poison. It's like pouring drain cleaner in your veins, and then waiting around to see what happens. You can't sleep and you dare not eat. It's like walking through a muddy swamp with boots on, the muck keeps collecting in your shoes, making it harder and harder to walk on. Hang in there, all of you. You can only walk halfway into the swamp, after that, you are walking out of it. Hang on. Hang on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy,

Are you going through it again? I lost my sister to Leukemia 13 years ago and I will never be able to forget the pain and misery she went through with the Chemo. Just 3 days before she died she sat up in her hospital bed and said "I made the wrong choice, I want to go home". That's how bad it was. By the next night she was on a morphine drip and still moaning in pain. To Randy and everyone who has survived this torture, God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

I noticed you mentioned "How I Met Your Mother" in one of your blog posts. I run www. howimetyourmother .org, a fansite for the show. I am trying to create a place for fans and was hoping I could get a link from anywhere on your blog. I'd be incredibly greateful.

Thanks so much and keep on bloggin'. I'd love to hear back if you have the time too.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking