Saturday, September 10, 2005

My favorite smells

The olfactory sense is the most powerful they say, one smell of something can send you so far back in time that you don't return until the daydream is over...
Here are some of my favorites...
1. Freshly mowed grass (reminds me of spring)
2. White Shoulders perfume (everytime I smell it, I look around to see if she's there...she's not and never will be)
3. When I go to Schnucks, sometimes I can smell the fried chicken cooking, takes me back to high school when I fried chicken for a living.
4. Lilacs (reminds me of my mom).
5. A wood stove on a winter morning...
how about you?

2 comments:

Ken Dillon said...

I agree on the smells, and oddly enough, a few of yours would appear on MY list--namely lilacs, mowed grass, and a wood stove. Oddly enough, every damn day, no matter what the time of year, I run into that smell through two of the small towns I drove through at 4 in the morning on my way to work. Must be something involved with a factory or something, but I can smell the wood burning SO strong, same place, daily. On the other hand, I also drive through the area near Sedalia where the Tyson plant is cooking some of their wonderful fully-cooked chicken parts and packin' 'em up for shipping, so the chicken smell I can live without!

Anonymous said...

Cheeseburgers from bowling alley in Liberty, the coffee plant as you cruise down I35 south of KC, rain in Colorado (if you've never smelt it, it's something you'll remember forever.. very clean), new sheets, the BBQ at the American Royal, driving down thru the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas in the fall with the windows down,, wood, whiskey and Shine.. A really good Cuban Cigar, matter of fact a really bad one doesn't smell bad either.. Skunks during mating season, ok that one is a stretch especiall if you don't like the smell of skunks, but most of the time when you smell one it's because they've been killed on the road, and not when they're mating ( a totally different smell), really! I'm not kidding.. anyone wearing Chanel #5...
Larson

Blog Archive

Web Tracking