Saturday, October 04, 2008

In Praise of Vinyl

One of the additions we've added to our weekly programming schedule on the Eagle is an idea I stole from a friend of mine. "Off The Record" is a show we air every Sunday night at 6:00pm. It is the playing of a great, classic release off of vinyl. That's right, we actually play a "record". Ken Dillon did this at his station in Sedalia and I though it was a great, cool tribute. So, we have set aside some time to play a great old record, starting with the needle dropping on the side, playing side one in it's entirety, stopping for a break, then coming back and dropping the needle on side two. I think it sounds great and even through my shitty car radio, I can still tell the difference between digital and analog. It's the debut Boston release this Sunday night at 6. Thanks, Ken for the idea.

2 comments:

Brian Holland said...

And next weekend, might I suggest you give a spin to the mighty KY-102 "Homegrown" LP, if you can still find a copy in captivity?

Long live vinyl! :-)

dr sardonicus said...

Vinyl. What a concept.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking