Friday, May 04, 2007

It's..It's The Beatles..no wait, it isn't.



In December of 1977, I was the music director for KFMH in Muscatine Iowa. It was a 50,000 watt dream of a radio station. Engineers who cared about how the station sounded, programmers that actually let the jocks pick the songs, and all around good times. I remember getting invited to so many parties, it was unbelieveable, it was nothing to drive 50 miles and join in some revelry, and usually get laid..ahem, sorry, back to the story... I was given a copy of this album. Nothing else, no info on who the band members were or anything, just "hints" from the record guy that this could be the reunion that we had been waiting for...yes, The Beatles had reformed. I actually liked a couple of songs on this LP, but I knew it wasn't the Beatles. Here is the story of "Klaatu", a band that got hopes up all over the world, and then dashed them on the jagged rocks below.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking