Saturday, April 28, 2007

David Craig Bradley


(there is no corrolation between david craig and this picture, it's just the first one I found on google when I put in David's name)

David Craig was let go from Clear Channel the other day. I swear it's their mission to fire everyone. I first met David when I was doing mornings at smooth jazz and he had an office right next to mine. David is from Birmingham Alabama and, like most of us, has done the ol' see the USA tour. I really like David, his family are friends with my family. Day after day, show after show, David would get to the station just about the time I did, 4:15 am. One day, while working next to David, the staff at WIL where he worked got him a birthday cake. Nice touch. He cut the cake and said something like.."the last time someone did this was in the Quad Cities." Well, that piqued (nice word) my attention since that is where I am from.
I asked him, "when were you in the Quad Cities?"
He said, "1971-73".
"So, who were you then?", I asked.
"David Bradley", he replied.

Holy shit! David Bradley did afternoons at KSTT and when I would get out of high school, HE would be the cat on the air. I thought David Bradley was a GREAT jock, and come to find out after all this time, he sat next to me every day. I haven't been able to think of David Craig in any other light than David Bradley after that and to this day...I still do.

Good luck, David, I hope you find something soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking