Thursday, January 25, 2007

The New Volvo Ad


There is quite the discussion going on at Mike Anderson's St. Louis Media Website about the new Volvo ad with the cute little girl that keeps babbling on about a story while the father buckles her in. Mike said he really didn't care for it (others agreed) but I think it's a great campaign. Here's why. I think one of my best years was when my daughter was in fifth grade. It was at a time when I was able to pick her up every day from school. I coached her basketball team and was very successful at work. Most guys will tell you their daughters were the best about fifth grade. Girls still think their dads are cool and still want hugs. Then we get real dumb real fast. Some of my fondest memories of my son are the times we spent in the car. I can remember very clearly the times I had to buckle him in his carseat. He is now being stationed at the Los Angeles Air Force Base working with satellites. The first time I saw the ad, I knew exactly where they were headed and immediately took the bait. If those said children hadn't gone (or are getting ready) to go to college, I would probably own a Volvo or two. God bless them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and very well concerned daddy huh!..you have chosen the car for which you can never regret or blame afterwards of what you have decided. Automakers of volvo are very apprehensive for the consumers to have a safety vehicles they wanting for.. and assembled with a finest quality volvo timing belt parts that play in a very critical role in maintaining the pistons and valves to work in a precise order.

RR said...

what the hell was that

Blog Archive

Web Tracking