Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hey!

I see by the date of my last post that I have not posted since the first day of the new year. Not having internet access (or a computer) at the shithole er..I mean apartment will do that to you. So far, I find Nashville to be a very interesting city. Rents are through the roof but, so far, I think this will be a good move. We are building a pretty damn good radio station. I work for a guy that actually listens to what I have to say and the station is really stating to sound like a decent sounding station. We are not there yet, but when the first song of my shift yesterday is "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant"
(my favorite Billy Joel song), I know that we are on our way. I have rented a place in Nashville that is in the basement of a house in a neighborhood that has "character". It is an interesting life, I must admit. The woman who has the house is a very sweet woman who made sure I had a toaster and some extra pillows. But, yesterday at the break of dawn, her dog started howling at the top of it's lungs... this shall not continue. Basic cable in Nashville is definately basic, that's for sure. NO CNN, three CSpan channels, two religious networks, a shop at home network and three public TV outlets. I can get ESPN but just barely, the picture is very fuzzy.
The over the air broadcast channels, and that's it. I am in the process of purchasing a used computer there so I will be able to be connected to the world once again. It's just a place to sleep, shower and shit, but I hope it becomes more "home" than it is now. Oh well.
Got to meet Tim Wilson the other day.
Tim is one of my favorite comedians and it was nice to interview him. He seems to be a decent guy after having to do his dog and pony show all day long.

1 comment:

karlene's mom said...

I LOVE TIM WILSON! That's a brush with greatness! :-)

Blog Archive

Web Tracking