Saturday, December 23, 2006

The World I Know...


What a past three weeks. Learning new software, finding a place to live, being comfortable while on the air, figuring out where you are, not being able to exercise much...these are the pratfalls of hitting the ground running right before the holidays. I love the gig, I hate the distance but it all works out. On Wednesday, I got there at 9 am and worked till 11:15 that night. I loved it. Had an awesome time. One hurdle is down, I now have a place. It's a "mother in law" quarters under the house of a woman and her daughter. I think it will be great; if you notice on the map, it's in the McCabe Park area of town. 3.5 miles from work, and definately rideable on a bike. Nice view of the "Nashville Skyline" on the way in. So, hopefully after the first, a routine sets in and it all feels better.

My muchos huevos gracias thanks to my compadre, Mario "Flamboogo" Martinez who has been gracious enough to allow me to crash at his place. I haven't crashed anywhere in years.

Kudos to my friend Brad O who has landed on his feet after being blasted out of Wilks Broadcasting in KC. He went across the street and found a gig. Good for him.

What's up with my friend Jay? You left me hangin', bro. Johnny Horton sings a song for you this holiday season.

My favorite "non traditional" Christmas songs include

"Easier Said Than Done" -Jon Anderson
"2000 Miles" -The Pretenders
"Peace In Our Time" -Eddie Money
"Do They Know It's Christmas" -Band Aid
"Merry Christmas, Baby" -Bruce Springsteen

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking