Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Brush with Greatness Part Four (I think)

In 1982, KY 102 in Kansas City hosted the "Rock Awards" with different categories voted on by the public. Best band (Journey), best new group (Saga). Saga was from Canada and apparently liked their LaBatts. They performed a live show at the Hyatt where the awards were held and seemed to be decent dudes. Everytime I hear "On The Loose" (great song) or "Wind Him Up" I think of this evening. After the show, we all got together and quaffed to the God of Molson.
Back row...Joe MacCabe (PD of KY), Jon Hart (still, to this day, one of my best friends), Vaughan Mac (overnite dude and mysterious human being), Saga guy, Saga guy, Katie McGuckin (who now does the oldies thing every morning on KCMO FM), Saga dude, Lynn Dean (Jon's old girl). Front row...Paul Fredrics (Fredrocks!), me (come on, I was 26) and a very young Skid Roadie.

1 comment:

kellycoxsemple said...

Holy hell, I was a HUGE Saga fan. Alas, it seemed nobody else in the U.S. did, so I had to go to import record stores to buy their albums (at quite a premium, as I recall). Still have 'em. Too funny.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking