Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Sandhills

<
I travelled from Sidney to Scottsbluff to Alliance this morning. I left Alliance and travelled across the middle part of Nebraska through the Sandhills. It is so intensely awesome to travel some place where I have never been before. Literally miles and miles between houses and cars on highway 2. I saw a for sale sign for a ranch that had only 6200 acres. Bummer. In history class I always saw pictures of places like that

(even with the tumblin' tumbleweeds) but never thought I would ever see it in person. An awesome journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy, I really envy you your travels. When I was 12 or so, my family moved from the East Coast to California and my Father and I drove ahead, in a VW bug, all along Rt. 66.

I was too young to really appreciate all that I saw then.

But you, brudda, you're seeing the heart and soul of America. Thanks for the pictures and the quick descriptions.

Genevieve Netz said...

Aren't the Nebraska Sandhills beautiful? So many people think Nebraska is nothing but corn -- how mistaken they are. The Sandhills are the largest area of sand dunes in the Western Hemisphere. I grew up there on a cattle ranch.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking