Saturday, October 08, 2005

Stevie Wonder

I was Ipodding today and Stevie Wonder came on. I wonder how many people who are in my generation know what a genius this guy is. There are a bunch of Stevie Wonder songs that I really like, and this cat did everything from producing one of the greatest ROCK songs "Superstition" to rapping with the best. Will we ever see music done by great like this again? Or is "Rock" music already dead and gone? Too bad.
Here are MY fave Stevie Wonder songs..
1. "Superstition" (damn what a piece of funky music)
2. "Heaven Help Us All"
3. "Higher Ground"
4. "Overjoyed" (man, I loved playing this on Smooth Jazz)
5. "Place In The Sun" (very early influence on me)
6. "For Once In My Life" (great song of ANY era)
7. "Sir Duke" (genius)
8. "I Wish" (ditto)
9. "Don't You Worry Bout A Thing"
10."If You Really Love Me"
Bubbling Under the top ten...

"I Was Made To Love Her","Signed Sealed Delivered","Living For The City","Boogie On Reggae Woman","My Cherie Amour"
Thanks, Stevie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with many of your picks, Randy, but I would put "Uptight", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered", "I Was Made to Love Her" and "Living For the City" in my top 10. "Masterblaster" would fall just outside the Top 10.

Dave Morris said...

One of my favorites from Stevie is his version of "(Til You Come Back To Me)That's What I'm Gonna Do."

Love the Stevie.

Blog Archive

Web Tracking