Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bad Sports Day Yesterday


I have never really been a Notre Dame fan. Yeah, I kinda liked them when I was a kid, but it had nothing to do with the school. They had one of the greastest play by play guys ever in the business. Lindsay Nelson had a voice of velvet. When I was a very young boy I would park myself down in front of the TV when Notre Dame came on...just to listen. When my stepson started looking around at colleges he said he wanted to "get as far away from the midwest as posssible." My stepson goes to Notre Dame. I am now a big Notre Dame football fan. I have had the pleasure of seeing two season openers. The experience makes me wonder why I pissed those years away. They played their hearts out yesterday against big, bad USC. They lost on a very lucky play in the waning seconds of the game. Luck is a part of it, so, way to go USC. Way to go Irish.
What's up with these guys? Man, the Redbirds MUST get going or we have already seen the last game at Busch. Time to turn it around boys. Listen to me, 50 and pleading for a sports team to get going. You can take the man out of the boy...
By the way, thanks to KTVI Channel 2 for showning the Dallas-New York game instead of The Chiefs game. I wonder how many Dallas/Giants fans are in this area compared to Chiefs fans. Bummer decision, I think it sucks, and it's my blog, dammit.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking