Thursday, September 15, 2005

Musings..

Road trip yesterday. Went from St. Louis to Mason City, Iowa. Distance about 400 miles. It was a mellow, fine trip. I had business to take care of in Mason City that was cool. I hope we get that station on, they have a great news department and a fine management staff.

While driving, I listened to about 45 songs on the Ipod. The highlights..it started sweet with "Carolina In The Pines" by Micheal Murphy. Top ten song of all time, for sure. One of THE best guitar solos...David Gilmour's full 2:35 workout in "Money". "My Blue World" by the Moodies was sublime. "Life For The Taking" by Eddie Money was a good highway jam. "Sir Duke" sounded great and "Chest Fever by the band just hit the spot, hell I could almost be a radio programmer...nah! Nice cruise.

I was watching a show in the restaurant of my hotel in Iowa City. It was hosted by a cat named Steven A. Smith who is also is sportswriter (whatever happened to having broadcasters host broadcasted shows), anyhow, he kept bitching about how unfair it was that college athletes weren't paid. Hold on, now..as a guy who is putting one kid through college at Notre Dame, and soon will help with another, give my kid just ONE chance to get a scholarship, and I promise you that kid will ask for nothing else for four years. I'll take THAT deal anyway, anyday. Steven A. Smith is a clown.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking