Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Musings...

I am absolutely addicted to nuts. Cashews, particularly. I remember the nights when I would get off of the radio at 12 midnight, get a can of cashews and a six pack of Mtn. Dew and polish them off. I was a MUCH younger man. I remember specifically a show late night on WTBS that would feature Bill Tush doing the news or a take off on it, did the news in a gorilla suit if I remember. Cashews. Love em.

Is there any guess who the best pitcher in baseball is right now? I saw a survey on ESPN (Eastern SPorts Network) a week or so ago that wondered who the best pitcher in baseball was. Your nominees were...Roger Clemens, Mariano Rivera(WTF?), Dontrelle Willis or Roy Halladay. Puhleese. Chris Carpenter reminds me of Bob Gibson. He doesn't have Gibson's speed but pitches a game in under 2:30 and justs mows the other guys down. He's 16-4 unbelievable!

Speaking of that...If you have a cell phone and you sit behind home plate, you are entitled to ONE wave. That's all. Thank you.

There are a lot of trucks on the road. An unbelievable amount of rucks. It's getting real dangerous on the interstate. My job allows me to take the back roads alot but, tonight on I70, there were trucks as far as the eye could see. Although, I would give anything to learn how to drive one, and see what they look like on the inside. Some of those cabs are almost the size of a small apartment. How sweet would that be to tool around the country in. But, there sure are a lot of them out there. Let's be careful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the stretch of road you were on was as bad as I70 between KC and Columbia, I can see an even bigger hazard dealing with those semis. I try to stay away from them. Had a REAL bad experience once with a truck driver that scared the s**t out of me (he basically pinned me on the side of the road and pulled a gun on me because I had my brights on and I didn't know it - I'd been without sleep for about 36 hours). My advice - stay the hell away from them as much as possible!

Blog Archive

Web Tracking