Tuesday, July 26, 2005

My favorite songs about summer



It's hot one and I thought I would post my top ten songs about summer..
"Smooth"-Santana
"Hot Fun In The Summertime"-Sly and the Family Stone
"Hot Summer Nights"-Walter Egan
"Summer In The City"-Lovin Spoonful
"Summer Rain"-Johnny Rivers
"Summer"-War
"First Day of Summer"-Tony Carey
"Summertime"-Gershwin (version by Love Sculpture or Janis Joplin)
"Summer Breeze"-Seals and Crofts
"Indian Summer"-Poco

honorable mention
"All Summer Long"-Beach Boys
"4th of July(Sandy)"-Bruce Springsteen
"Summer Sun"-Shooting Star
"Dancin in The Moonlight"-Thin Lizzy

Feel free to add yours...
have a cool libation for me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can barely stand anything else I've heard from DON HENLEY but "boys of summer" takes me back to the crazy 80's / "sunset grill"
too ,though I don't think is about summer was out about the same time
and goes together w/ it in my mind .

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! "First Day Of Summer" by Tony Carey, haven't heard or thought about that song for years! Great list and great sight Randy!

Anonymous said...

What!? No Y&T "Summertime Girls"?

Of course, there's also The Doors "Summer's Almost Gone" and the Mungo Jerry song.

RR said...

I hate the f$%king Mungo Jerry song, but yo are right about "Summertime Girls"

Blog Archive

Web Tracking