Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Top 100 Continues


We're counting them down, heading to the top of the alphabet. In reverse alphetbetical oreder, I am counting down my top 100 albums of all time....At this point in the alphabet, we stop at

WAR-"The World Is A Ghetto"

Where I went to high school in East Moline, it was very diverse. I learned at an early age that if you didn't get along, you wouldn't get far. One of the cool things bout that school was the multi-cultural musical influences. This release was on my turnatble for just about the entire time I was in high school. In 1972 "The Cisco Kid" was played on the radio a lot. I knew that this was the band that did "Spill The Wine" a few years back, but little did I know how much about them. I read in a magazine that this band had some Latino influences so my friend Jose Alejo and I went and bought the album. We found "Four Cornered Room" which sounded more like Hendrix than Jimi did. The majestic ten minute version of the title cut was just the thing to pass the day. I have recently purschased this on an original master 20 bit gold CD. Man, how tasty.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Web Tracking